Forest Operations for the Future
Conference in Helsingør 22-24 September 2020: The latest innovations, development and knowledge of forest operations in the Nordic-Baltic area
Take part of the presentations from the conference:
NB NORD 2020 – Forest Operations for the future – September 22 – 24 2020, Helsingør, Denmark
Venue: Konventum, Erling Jensens vej 1, 3000 Helsingør, https://www.konventum.dk.
Nordic-Baltic Network for Operational Research
Coordinator: Professor Rolf Björheden, Skogforsk, Sweden, Rolf.Bjorheden@skogforsk.se
Funding: 450 000 SEK/year for 5 years
Currently, Rolf Björheden at Skogforsk is the CAR Coordinator and the Coordinating committee consists of Magnus Thor (Skogforsk), Jori Usitalo (Luke), Heikki Pajuoja (Metsäteho), Andis Lazdins (Silava), Vivian Kvist Johannsen (KU) and Bruce Talbot (NIBIO).
The Focus areas and the coordinators/contact persons are as follows:
- Reduced impact logging, Isabelle Bergkvist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Value recovery & Big data, Maria Nordström, email@example.com
- Mechanized and improved silviculture, Dagnija Lazdina, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contractor forestry, Eva Skagestad, email@example.com
- Transport technology and low volume roads, Pirjo Venäläinen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New and emerging forest products, Maria Iwarsson Wide, Maria.IwarssonWide@skogforsk.se
Please feel free to contact us for information on developments and activities within the NB NORD work topics!
Forest Operations in Response to Environmental Challenges
NB-Nord Conference, June 3-5, 2019 (Honne, Norway)
Both questions and answers were output from the successful NB NORD Conference Forest Operations in Response to Environmental Challenges, held in Honne, Norway, June 3-5, 2019.
- Download conference information and abstract template (Word)
- Conference proceedings – contacts and abstracts (PDF)
- NBNORD Presentations (PDF) from the conference is available here
Events in 2018:
Mechanized and improved silviculture workshop “Small machines for small trees”
November 14-15, 2018 Latvia, Riga & Salaspils& Incukalns
Download Conference program (Word)
NB Nord Workshop on Timber transport and forest roads: Cost modelling approaches and latest news from the front
Oslo 11-12 September 2018
The Roads & Transportation Focus Area of NB NORD focuses on research in logistics, transportation, infrastructure and on environmental impacts of transportation.
The Focus Area organized a workshop on Cost modelling approaches and latest news from the front in Oslo, Norway, on 11-12th September 2018. The Workshop was attended by 25 researchers and specialists from the Nordic-Baltic area. The workshop consisted of four sessions with themes including: 1) transport costing approaches, 2) development of system performance, 3) seasonality in transport and 4) forest and public road networks.
- Download the list of presentations/scientific programme for the workshop (Word)
- Proceedings with the abstracts of the workshop presentations (PDF)
NB-NORD workshop on Big data from forest machines 19-20 June 2018
- IT barometer, Tieto, Magnus Hell (PPT)
- Big data in animal production and breeding, Karoline B Wethal (PPT)
- National perspectives on big data from forest machines Even Bergseng (PDF)
- Ingeborg Callesen/Bo Brockman presentation (PDF)
- Janis Gercans presentation (PDF)
- Leo Bont presentation (PDF)
- Rolf Björheden presentation (PDF)
- Tapio Ränsänen presentation (PDF)
- Automated stand delineation and striproads – Timo Melkas and Kirsi Riekki (PDF)
- Big Databases in forest planning and operations -Erik Willen (PDF)
- Feedback to operators based on harvester data – Maria Nordström (PDF)
- Forwarding speed – Simon Berg (PDF)
- GPS precision estimation – Bruce Talbot (PDF)
- Harvester data as a base for management and feedback – Johan J Möller (PDF)
- Harvester data for efficiency and economy – Even Bergseng (PDF)
- Improving forest-to-industry integration – Lars Wilhelmsson (PDF)
- Mathematical optimization and big data – Leo Bont (PDF)
- Potential of harvester data – Tapio RÑsÑnen (PDF)
- SB LOGG – Isak Hasselvold (PDF)
- Single-tree positioning using harvester – Terje Gobakken (PDF)
- StanForD2010 – John Arlinger (PDF)
- Using external datasets for SAE NB-Nord – Liviu Ene (PDF)
Information about former OSCAR projects
The achievements from OSCAR’s first five-year-period were presented in News & Views No. 6, 2010. Its networking activities will continue with a similar organisational structure, the main purpose being to maintain the technological leadership of the Nordic countries. Research on competitive and environmentally sound raw-material supply is of central importance to meet fierce competition from other regions. Preliminary project areas for this CAR are: energy efficiency in forest operations; reduced impact on soil and water; extracting forest bioenergy; training machine operators; mechanised and improved silvicultural operations; and forestry business engineering (to purchase and sell services in forestry). Find out more on the OSCAR2 website.