Research networks are funded for three years of research activities and adress specific focus areas of the SNS Strategy plan.
The aim of the SNS research project funding is to:
• Interlink projects initiated in the Nordic region
• Increase synergies in forest research in the Nordic countries
• Promote cross sectoral collaboration of sectors within a sustainable bioeconomy
• Bridge gaps between research and forestry in practice
Participants in projects should include at least three researchers at research institutions in the Nordic region, and successful applicants may receive funds from SNS of approximately 100-350 000 SEK/year for three years, covering at most a third of the total budget for the project.
SNS strives to enhance benefits for the Nordic region and contribute to development of a sustainable society. For 2022-2024, SNS wishes to support projects addressing topics related to sustainable management of forest resources, as well as projects exploring ways to balance different/conflicting goals related to forests in order to meet the demands and expectations of the society. This includes the balance between forest production and forest protection. Addressing biodiversity, the role of forests as a carbon sink, and forest resilience are priority areas for SNS. Research projects are encouraged to conduct research and analyses increasing synergy in the Nordic region.
Guidelines for acquiring gender balance Coming soon
Research projects 2019-2021:
- SNS-123 Preventing the spread of new pathogens in Nordic forests to secure sustainable forestry in growing bioeconomy
- SNS-124 Biogeographic analysis of historical forest insect invasions and host associations
- SNS-125 Where is the water in acetylated wood? Studies of amount, location and state of water in acetylated wood for development of more durable wood products
- SNS-126 Conservation of resistant ash genotypes to maintain full range of ecosystem services
- SNS-127 Liberation and solution properties of wood hemicelluloses towards surface active molecules (HEMISURF)