Nordic Network in Forest Policy Science (NFPS)
Coordinator: Vilis Brukas, SLU, email@example.com
Financing: 105 000 SEK
Our major goal in the last EFINORD-SNS round (funding granted in 2015) was to connect NFPS with the German-speaking network. This funding period we will focus on:
- connecting with the well-established forest policy research environments in the Central European countries and
- to connect researchers from both regions, getting better insights into the latest developments of the scholarship of forest policy science.
A 3-days conference in Netherlands:
- parallel sessions of presentations and specifically assigned discussants
- an excursion to a locality representing a complex case of a policy issue (e.g. a land-use conflict) that could be discussed from perspectives of forest policy science
- a workshop on European collaborative projects, and a masterclass to connect young researchers to senior researchers in forest policy.