Theme: Analysis and development of administrative, policy and legal framework for Nordic urban forests.
This theme deals with policy analysis at different administrative levels, as well as an analysis of judicial arrangements for urban forestry and forestry serving urbanised societies in the Nordic countries.
The development of innovative policies, laws and regulations to promote multifunctional urban forestry will be stressed.
Obtain an overview of existing institutions, policies and programmes, laws and regulations at the national, regional and local level that deal with forestry serving urbanised societies, and develop suggestions for amelioration of these.
Projects / focus areas
- Needs assessment for urban forestry research in the Nordic and Baltic countries
- Landscape laboratories as testing and demonstration areas – and as contributed to compact, green cities
- Konijnendijk, C.C., 2010. The role of forestry in the development and reform of green belts. Planning Practice and Research 25(2), 239-252.
- Konijnendijk, C.C., Nielsen, A.B., Schipperijn, J., Rosenblad, Y., Sander, S., Sarv, M., Mäkinen, K., Tyrväinen, L., Donis, J., Gundersen, V., Åkerlund, U., Gustavsson, R., 2006. Assessment of urban forestry research and research needs in the Nordic and Baltic countries. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening 6, 297-309.
- Konijnendijk, C.C., Ricard, R.M., Kenney, A. and Randrup, T.B., 2006. Defining urban forestry – A comparative perspective of North America and Europe. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening 4(3-4): 93-103.
- Nilsson, K., Konijnendijk, C.C. and Randrup, T.B., 2005. Research on urban forests and trees in Europe. In: Konijnendijk, C.C., Nilsson, K., Randrup, T.B., Schipperijn, J. (eds.) Urban Forests and Trees. Springer, Heidelberg, pp. 445-463.